Dietary Notes: Gluten free, Dairy free
Chicken, veggies, and brown rice make a great combination for a filling yet nutritious meal for two.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 small white onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Fresh flat leaf parsley
- To cook chicken, slice lemon and place slices on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Add sliced vegetables and olive oil to a large bowl.
- Season with spices and toss to coat evenly.
- Add vegetables and chicken to foil.
- Fold the aluminum foil over and around the chicken to create a pouch.
- Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes (depending on thickness) or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F and the juices from the chicken run clear.
- Cook rice to package instructions.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with brown rice and garnish with fresh herbs