Cottage cheese not only keeps this easy peaches and cream cake moist; it also keeps down the calories.
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups sliced peaches, fresh, canned, or thawed from frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" spring form pan.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add the melted butter, cottage cheese, yogurt and vanilla. Beat until well-combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, stirring or beating gently to combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and place the peaches evenly over the top.
- Bake the cake for about 50 minutes until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes, to firm up.
- Serve warm.
Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
English: ATTENTION: If you do not speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-454-5383 (TTY: 711).