13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2019 4:07 AM by 2KOPC3S6P5Y9V

Anyone else here have a hard time losing weight?

Aka411727536

I go to the gym two to three times a week, I also walk 1-2 miles 3 times a week, I am on a 2,000 calorie diet...I am gaining weight! I was told me that I am building muscle mass and that's why I'm gaining, I need to lose 50 lbs and all this hard work and I am gaining

• Re: Anyone else here have a hard time losing weight?

Carol- I would recommend getting in touch with a health coach through Go365 if you haven't already. To reach your health coach, click Quick Links > Health Coaching.

Aka411727536

Hi thank you so much for your response! I have been working with a health

coach, and I've been working out I've been on under 2000 calories a day

eating sensible leaning towards a Keto Mediterranean style diet. I've never

been a skinny person for me normal is like a hundred and seventy-five

pounds that's like a size 14, but I've weighed the same for about 20 years

and no matter what I do I cannot get the weight off, I used to jog, and

getting older and getting my knees replaced again jog anymore but I'm

extremely active but I just can't get the weight off! And I know there's

got to be somebody out there in the same shoes.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              aka161191748856

Yes the last time I went to my doctor on April 3rd I was weighing 240 lb. I knew I had to lose weight so to help curve my appetite my doctor prescribed for me that I paid out of pocket medicine called Phentermine. I have 15 grams that I take once a day. I took it at 6 a.m. My blood pressure medicine at 7 and I eat breakfast around 8 or so. So far I've lost 20 pounds and I have 60 to go. I started walking and in the senior building where I live we have a fitness room. I'm up to a half-hour with that. And 2 days a week I go to senior exercise. It's going to take me about a year to get down to my fighting weight and it's not easy but I monitor what I eat I don't eat after 7 I limit my TV I try to keep as active as possible. Sometimes I slip. Like at church last week we had a taste of Nations dinner I took I a little bit of everything and I was going to nibble on it but I ate it when I got home. But I did like my mother used to do the next day I cut back and I'm back on track. Sorry to be so long-winded but I just wanted to let you know where I stood. The reason I wanted to lose weight was that when I had all my blood test the doctor told me I was pre-diabetic and my late husband was a diabetic, my mother was a diabetic, my late father was a a diabetic. And it runs on both sides of my family.

Aka241111252652

I too walk 2-3 miles a day.  My problem is I am an emotional eater.  I know not eating because of stress is bad but overeating is a problem too.  Now that the weather is nice, I plan to up my activity.  Also I have a yoga mat and dvd for meditation tape from Humana which I need to start listening to.  Maybe relieving the stress in my life may help me reduce the eating too.

2KOPC3S6P5Y9V

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? 2000 calories is probably too many. Weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise.

3FREN7M9Q6K1T

I think that the Silver Sneakers Program is the best for me and the facility that I go to has a warm pool and makes the exercises so much easier to do.

Aka411727536

Thank you for your reply!

I was talking to my sister and she had been going to the gym for six

months and told me all the sudden she dropped 16 pounds…

So I’ve kept that in mind and I’ve just kept  walking and walking and

walking… LOL I can’t always walk around the neighborhood because of the

weather so I do walking videos and I turn on Pepe music when I’m in the

house helps me have a little bounce in my step.

I try to do 10,000 steps a day and I started doing that about I don’t know

nine weeks ago maybe and since then it seems like it’s helped but it sure

is hard to do.  I get the most relief for my arthritis when I am consistent

and walk and it keeps my muscles limber …hopefully it continues hopefully

it continues!

Best wishes to you and happy new year !

♀️  ♂️  ♀️  ️♀️  ⛹️♂️ Stay active

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 12:21 PM 3FREN7M9Q6K1T <humana-vitality@jiveon.com>

Aka81072645831

I had trouble losing weight for years. .  I only ate 1 meal a day and was a smoker. After I quit smoking (11years now) I started to eat at least 2 meals a day and started to walk 2 miles a day. Later I found out that

a medication made it harder for me to lose the weight. My weight dropped after a month. I am now 12 lbs lighter. I believe changing my diet and being active helped the most.

aka151133542793

While muscle mass is part of all exercise, exercises come in all types and forms.  For example, weight lifters WANT excess muscle training but that same excess muscle can restrict movement to a degree..  Dancers TONE their muscles but their exercises allow full fluidity of movement. Athletes generally want a half and half mix, depending on the sport in which they engage.

If you are gaining too much weight (while eating normally or less), it may be the type of exercises you are doing. I would suggest you discuss your goals with the fitness instructor/trainer to select exercises that will TONE your body, build some muscle essential to cardio-healthy living, but not necessarily build excess muscle.

Good luck.