16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2019 6:19 AM by 2KOPC3S6P5Y9V

Motivation no longer offered

Aka2542344690

Humana is no longer encouraging seniors to get up, and get active, to improve overall health.  Giving a $5.00 "reward" for 500 steps, 8 days a month, is equivalent to promoting and condoning a sedentary lifestyle.  This is a disgrace.  Yet this is what Humana is now labeling a "healthy activity".  

A health insurance company should be promoting exercise to IMPROVE physical and mental health.   Human's answer to this is  frightening. 

500 steps, 8 days a month, and no encouragement or  incentive offered to increase activity.    Walking, to and from the refrigerator, is not an exercise program.   But, why bother when the  $5.00 monthly "reward"  would not  even cover the cost of the necessary activity tracker.

You did increase rewards for preventive care.  Isn't exercise considered preventive care anymore?  Isn't it known to reverse some physical and mental health issues, without the use of medications?    Why lower the rewards for something that can prevent and even reverse health problems?   In the end, doesn't exercise actually save Humana money?

Humana, you have removed the incentive program that so many seniors needed, for motivation, to get out of the recliner and get moving.   A lack of exercise negatively impacts overall health, and increases the need for medical visits and prescriptions.   These changes to Go365 are detrimental to seniors, and, in the end, to Humana.

• Re: Motivation no longer offered
          4MAYE5M275C3O

I agree with you. I walk on average 12000 steps per day. Whether they reward me or not, i am still going to walk. I do think there is more behind their decision, Healthy members mean less money paid back to them from medicare. Healthy members mean less drug money paid back. Fitbit cost about $110.00 a 2 year payback is no incentive. So we do it for our own health. The fact this was changed after the sign up period is sleezy. Sleezy business leads to mistrust, what else are the taking away.

D

Has anyone notice the gift cards are $25. It will take 5 months to get an award. 2 rewards per year, we will not be able to use any rewards earned in nov and dec,($10) because we can't buy a $25 dollar reward with $10 bucks.

Perhaps we need to follow the humana stock price when we all cash our rewards in this may. It must be such a drain on their cash flow the may not stay afloat, (sic).

aka171133752335

I'd like to think that the 500 steps was just a typo, and they REALLY meant 5,000 steps.  I can get 500 steps just sitting in a recliner all day and walking to the mailbox!  GO365, didn't you REALLY mean 5,000 steps?  And if not, why?

Aka92125415215

I totally agree - very disappointed in the changes made to the Go365 Activity Rewards!  I'm also disappointed that they do not allow Medicare clients to use apps to report fitness activity.  I was told by a Go365 chat rep that I should get a Fitbit to connect to Go365.  Why should I spend $$$ on a new device when I have an Apple Watch and all the necessary apps that record activity?

8BAKE4S052W8U

Idea.  I use a Garmin Fenix 5+ for my activities, which easily passes the monthly goal for steps (8x500=4000) on any one activity.  This type of healthy habits used to be rewarded, however, no longer.  I also have an apple watch, which for the "normal" population is an excellent health device, encouraging one to stand every hour, burn so many "active" calories, and to exercise for 30 minutes each day.  Not to mention the added benefits for seniors of fall detection, (it will dial 911 in case of a hard fall if you don't reply within a minute or so), but no, for some reason, Go365 refuses to acknowledge this, touting the Fitbit which, historically has been labeled "junk" by many people who have tested it against many other devices.  What I have decided to do, is to NOT alter my lifestyle, continue with my workouts, (I'm a 70 year old male, by the way), and buy a $20 Misfit Shine off of E-bay put it in my pocket, and get my 500 steps 8 times a month.  That to me, is worth it, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the folks at Go365 are smoking to think that 500 steps is an "active lifestyle"..  Just my 2c worth.

Aka171220372631

I agree. The "new" version of Go365 is poorly conceived. The changes in the program work against the supposed goals.

Aka2542344690

Why was this post removed from Support unanswered questions?   There have been comments, but no answers.  I would like for Humana to respond.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      go365admin3

Thank you all so much for your feedback! We appreciate everyone's input in the program!

We understand the frustration, all of the changes were made to make the program easier and more accessible for all members. In order to make Go365 easier for you, we have simplified it to only capture your steps or gym visits. By doing it this way, it is easier for you to begin earning rewards!

The Daily Workouts will be added on top of your Preventive Screening rewards, which have also been increased. If you are working on your overall well-being and getting your screenings and exams you will be able to earn many more rewards!

Great news! Through the changes that were made, we introduced a NEW way to earn rewards! By participating in a community or social program – even something as common as a dance class, nutrition seminar, volunteering you can earn $5.00, up to 4 times a year! If those may not be of your liking, you can still achieve this activity completion by posting within our Go365 Community!

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Aka23911108229

I have been reading all the posts about the Humana money saving changes, that were made without warning current and new clients. Last year, I had been telling friends and relatives about the great incentive program offered by Humana and suggesting they sign up with Humana. My friends and relatives who followed my recommendation are going to be very upset with me! Hell, I'm very upset with me! AND, all Humana can do is issue the same canned response to ALL the posts on this subject.

If Humana made these changes to save money this year, they may be VERY disappointed next year when we all dump them for screwing us this year.

Also, I was one of those who also went out and bought a new fitness watch that was compatible with Humana's interface just to track 500 steps, 8 days a week. AMAZING!!

How about changing it back or admitting why you really changed.

Aka129215818370

I am also very disappointed.  I found the additional points an incentive for working harder and more frequently.  I can't get an annual wellness check in the 1st 6 months of 2019 (insurance won't pay until December, my established wellness check month) so I lose $25 there.  There's no longer any credit for vision or dental check ups.

I will continue doing the things necessary to maintain my health whether Humana rewards me or not, it was just a nice bonus.

It appears that the program has shifted away from those of us who dedicate ourselves to being healthy.

Aka129215818370

Why are vision and dental checks cut out from the rewards program?

Aka21384911301

I have not seen one's karma shango I have not seen one single positive comment on their new go through 65 rewards program. For all the good  It will do, I will state that I just bought a new exercise tracker... Paid over a $100, and now I can track my 500 steps 8 times a month! You state that you can earn more rewards now; Are used to walk 3 to 4 times a week, earning About $10 a month… now I can walk 8 times for about 2 minutes  Per session, and earn $5! You do a great disservice to your members,and your insincere explanation of the new supposed benefits only adds insult to injury!

Aka109143729631

A huge number of us feel screwed by the changes, and will leave Humana at the next open enrollment.  This is the only way we can slap them in the face for the insult.  I too recommended Humana to friends, and am feeling very foolish for having done so.  There ought to be a truth in advertising prior to the close of open enrollment.  I am pissed off.

Aka2542344690

Ah Yes, Humana's canned response, that does not answer questions or address concerns. 

Humana, please do not patronize us by attempting to show that these changes are more beneficial than what we had before.

The idea of addition by subtraction doesn't fly, and it is insulting that Humana believes seniors are so gullible.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    2KOPC3S6P5Y9V

You should be greatful. You pay nothing for this program and then complain.

2KOPC3S6P5Y9V

Keep complaining. United Healthcare dropped SilverSneakers coverage this year. Maybe we can get our coverage dropped.