2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2019 2:49 PM by aka261118324711

Mammogram for Men

aka199125335645

I see that under Preventive Screenings that Mammogram is listed.  I went to Go365 website and clicked the chat button, where I had ask the agent if there was any type of substitute for the Mammogram for men.  His reply was only that there is, but it's an x-ray.  I asked him if he could explain what type of x-ray he was referring to, but he replied that he could not and I would need to take to someone in the medical side.  If this information J was given us correct, would it be possible to get an answer to my question on this website?  Of course, to recap, my question was/is, What type of x-ray is required to fulfill the Mammogram (for men) requirement to obtain those points?

• Re: Mammogram for Men
          go365admin3

I apologize for the confusion with the preventive screenings and information provided.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific claim or billing information. All preventive exams would need to be recommended by your doctor's office. If they felt that there was a need for a procedure like a mammogram, they would provide the information for an alternative.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. Please let us know if you have any further question or concerns.

• Re: Mammogram for Men
            aka261118324711

I have been retired for a few years, but performed Mammography for 40 years before retiring.   At that time, mammograms on men were performed the same as on women, but only if there was a specific problem, such as a lump or discharge.  In that case, it would have been a diagnostic and not preventative mammogram.  At the time of my retirement, I had never done a preventative mammogram exam on a male.   As far as the comment about it being an x-ray, mammography on males or females use x-ray.  Hope this helps.